Getting started is easy! You can be up and running in 48 hours; just follow these three steps.
Step 1: Internet connection and Router with DHCP
You will require an Internet Connection with a router attached, DHCP must be available on that router, so when you plug in your WiFi Foundation Hot Spot, it is able to obtain an IP address and connect to the Internet.
- If this sounds confusing – don’t worry most Internet service providers, including BT and Virgin media, offer this kind of connection as standard.
- We can help you by recommending providers of telephone lines and Broadband / ADSL if required, however most of our members already have agreements with service providers and our free WiFi system has been designed for maximum compatibility with almost any type of Internet connection available.
Step 2: Join WiFi Foundation
The join us page can be found here. All you need is to provide us with a few details about yourself, and your site as well as method of payment.
Step 3: Wait for your WiFi Order
We will ship your WiFi Hot Spot along with Installation Instructions within 48 Hours. When it arrives plug it into your Internet Router, and follow the simple instructions on how to register your hotspot's location.
- WiFi HotSpot, 1 year warranty with Next Business Day Replacement.
- Access to the WiFi Foundation's control panel, allowing you access to your clients' email addresses. (Maximum of 2 hotspots)
- Plug and Play Self Installation.
- Essential activity is logged to comply with The Data Retention (EC Directive) Regulations 2009.
- Membership of the WiFi Foundation, including directory listing.